This MP3 player project look interesting and cute. Despite its small size it has a great functionality including:
- up to 4GB FAT16 formatted CD/MMC memory card support (now supports SDHC cards);
- low power operation from single AAA Ni-MH battery;
- Up to 256 kBps bitrate at 44,1 kHz supported. VBR may peak at 320 kBps;
- support of ID3 v2.3 tags;
- full control of volume track, pause, skip, directory with 5 way small joystick.
- Real time display from Nokia 3310 (shows bit-rate, sampling rate, elapsed time, song info);
- adjustable LCD contrast;
- Shuffle, random play;
- upgradable software via RS232 bootlaoder.
MP3 player is based on PIC18LF452 along with VS1001K MP3 decoder chip. Great project to put hands on. If you don’t want to mess up with building circuit you can always order a kit and enjoy. It bet it is real fun to listen MP3 from home made player.
We recommend EasyEDA for circuit design and PCB prototype